This job posting is no longer active
We're hiring at Vice President level into the NatWest Markets Data Management team in Manchester
- This role is a chance to contribute to a key pillar in NatWest Market's strategy of becoming a data-driven organisation
- You'll own a particular data domain, which could be reference data, trade and transaction data, finance, people or market data
- The role is available at Vice President level
What you'll do
The Data Management team, part of the NatWest Markets Data Management Office, is tasked with developing a framework to comply with the firm's data management policy, and support data owners in the business in improving the quality of data which feeds into the business's critical processes. You'll play a full part in achieving that aim, partnering with data domain owners to drive policy compliance, and identifying, agreeing, and putting in place governance for critical data across their domains.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Improving awareness of data governance principals across NatWest Markets
- Producing MI relating to risk assessment, controls, and compliance to the data management policy, to be used in decision making regarding critical data management
- Owning data quality issues in your domain, and partnering with data quality teams to prioritise and address them
- Demonstrating each quarter that NatWest Markets is in compliance with the data management policy within your domain
- Contributing to the continued strategic development of the NatWest Markets Data Management Office
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of either reference data, trade and transaction data, finance, people or market data, gained either in an investment banking environment or in one of those functions. You'll have experience of previously working in a data governance or governance role, and will have implemented business policies which support best practice in data management.
We'll also expect:
- Experience with BCBS 239 principles
- The proven ability to influence senior stakeholders
- The ability to clearly communicate actionable insights and complex findings
- A positive approach to problem solving
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.