Join NatWest Markets in London in the role of Vice President, Transaction Reporting, COO and Services Advisory
- Joining our Advisory function, you'll help us to mitigate the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, material financial loss and reputational harm
- You'll act as a trusted adviser, and with oversight of NatWest Markets Services, you'll provide valuable conduct and regulatory advice to enable the business to meet its regulatory requirements and provide positive customer outcomes
- Along with valuable exposure to the wider compliance function of NatWest Markets, you'll have opportunity to contribute to the implementation of new rules and regulations as well as high profile trade and transaction reporting
What you'll do
We'll look to you to provide subject matter expertise and second line oversight and challenge of regulatory requirements to NatWest Markets Services, ensuring submissions to our regulators are accurate, timely and compliant. You'll review and assess aligned business processes, and provide conduct advice to drive continuous improvement, reduce risk and ensure good customer outcomes are being delivered.
You'll provide expert input and guidance on regulatory policy and conduct risk to your aligned business area, and you'll mitigate potential financial loss and reputational damage.
As well as this, you'll:
- Provide regulatory advice and analysis in relation to the full product life cycle, from product design to post-sales review, business initiatives, bespoke projects, transactions and investigations
- Proactively identify potential or actual conduct risks and ensure appropriate escalation, remediation and mitigation to manage risks back to within appetite and ensure remediation activities address root cause
- Develop and support less senior advisory resources to ensure individuals have the skill set to challenge the business effectively, and help to build a high performing team
- Develop effective and sustainable working relationships across the bank and Industry
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with an understanding of the wholesale banking business, our products traded in the wholesale financial markets, and the types of customers it serves. Along with knowledge of rules and regulations including MiFID, you'll have a solid grasp of the regulatory landscape that applies to an investment bank, such as collateral management, margin, and trade and transaction reporting.
We're also looking for:
- The ability to articulate regulatory requirements in a way that is meaningful to the business, and the ability to manage and influence business stakeholders in relation to conduct across all areas of the business
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing, team working and collaborative skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, and to ensure the focus of conduct risk activities remains relevant and appropriate
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Closing Date: 05/03/19