Join NatWest Markets in London as Front Office Surveillance Associate/VP
- You'll be joining out Front Office Surveillance (FOS) team, responsible for carrying out controls that monitor adherence to conduct guidelines within NatWest Markets
- This role is available at associate or vice president level
What you'll do
This role will see you contributing to vital surveillance including the monitoring of Trader Price Construction, Best Execution, Sales AV, Front-Running and other potential conduct risks. You'll support senior members of FOS in delivering controls to the Currencies Trading and Sales businesses with a specific focus on FX Forwards. You'll also support colleagues carrying out surveillance across other T&FS and F&RS businesses.
As well as you'll:
- Run daily periodic monitoring reports of NatWest Markets trading activity
- Generate MI relating to concerning behaviour and disseminate to supervisors
- Participate in discussions on the remediation of issues escalated from the surveillance
- Improve the first line of defence surveillance capabilities by refining and re-calibrating surveillance scenarios and control methodologies
- Proactively promote the correct conduct culture within NatWest Markets, and be in a position to challenge the business on working practices as needed
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with markets experience within a front office sales or trading role. Along with knowledge of Currencies markets, you'll be familiar with the NatWest Markets Trading, Sales & Strategy infrastructure, systems, operating model and workflow.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Familiarity with NatWest Markets Remediation and Change programmes
- Interpersonal skills, ability to engage different functions within the bank
- Fluency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- A proven track record of low-level project management, leading initiatives through to completion and displaying clear organisation skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.