We're hiring into our NatWest Markets Portfolio & Treasury Market Risk team in London at vice president or associate level
- This role is a chance to join the risk function of a newly non-ring fenced bank, helping to set up the market risk management framework for Treasury and Banking Book functions
- You'll build a close relationship with both the business and the markets, and you'll be part of a team with a collaborative, supportive and sociable culture, that encourages idea sharing
- The role is available at vice president or associate level according to experience
What you'll do
This is a key role in managing the market risk for NatWest Markets treasury and banking book portfolios. You'll carry out a range of daily activities, including reviewing risk reports and limit use, investigating any limit breaches and escalating as appropriate, and preparing and documenting limit sanctions.
You'll make sure we understand and accurately represent risk in our market risk systems, and that we operate an adequate and effective control framework. You'll also contribute to the department's role as subject matter experts on a range of topics related to investment spending under the NatWest Markets transformation programme.
Your responsibilities in your role will include:
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the financial markets, investment strategies, liquidity management, and key balance sheet drivers
- Reviewing and challenging the business’s strategies at both micro and macro level, highlighting and escalating issues or unusual trading activity
- Helping to develop our risk appetite, and implementing the market risk limit framework
- Reviewing trade proposals and non-standard deal documents, and making recommendations on approval
- Designing, implementing and documenting stress testing methodologies
The skills you'll need
Ideally, you'll have a sound basis in traded instruments and practices, coupled with experience of risk mitigation in the so-called non-traded or banking book space.
We’d like to see market risk experience at a major bank, an understanding of liquidity management for a trading book, and experience of setting up and managing market risk frameworks. You'll have detailed knowledge of market risk management techniques and an understanding of the products traded by the relevant businesses. You should also have good understanding of relevant regulations and standards, including CRD IV, notably IRRBB, IFRS9.
We'll also expect:
- Understanding of market dynamics and products, and of the associated risks
- Strong technical problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication and influencing skills, with the ability to challenge the business on its risk taking, and to clearly and concisely convey complex technical concepts
- Strong Excel skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.