Join us in Warsaw as a Senior Finance Analyst
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven analyst to join our Finance department within a leading investment bank
- You'll be responsible for financial analysis, complex problem solving, internal and external reporting for senior management, and supporting your team to achieve the goals of the department
- Along with flexible working options, you'll benefit from the opportunity to gain a real insight into NatWest Markets and its investment product range
- Hone your existing financial skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be supporting the NatWest Markets Finance division’s requirements to ensure the delivery of comprehensive financial information, focusing mainly on profit and loss and balance sheet statements. You'll be responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of reported data, which includes the verification of data sourced from upstream systems, and conducting an analytical review in the light of the bank strategy and various market drivers. You'll also have daily exposure to internal and external stakeholders.
As well as this, your responsibilities will include:
- Focusing on streamlining controls around the reporting processes, and promoting the consistency of practices
- Working closely with other Finance teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of issues
- Ensuring adherence to various accounting and regulatory requirements as well as internal NatWest Markets and RBS policies
- Leading and supporting internal Finance projects
- Proactively building and maintaining strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders, providing an integrated and proactive approach to business development
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with fantastic communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels and think critically and solve problems.
You'll have extensive experience in accounting, finance, or reporting, or in a similar role. Along with an understanding of the investment banking industry and associated risks, you'll have a solid grasp of financial instruments such as bonds and derivatives.
You'll hold a university degree in a finance, banking or economics related subject.
In addition to this, you'll demonstrate:
- An understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with an inquisitive mind
- Analytical skills, and the ability to break down complex problems into their core components
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a teams
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
What else you need to know
Please submit your application in English, and include the following statement to give us permission to contact you:
I hereby agree for processing my personal data, included in my job offer, for the purpose of recruitment (as defined in the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 922 with amendments).
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.