This job posting is no longer active
We're hiring an Independent Price Verification Specialist for NatWest Markets in London
- Joining as a Credit IPV Specialist, you'll be rewarded with intellectually challenging work in a fast moving environment
- If you have proven quantitative skills developed in postgraduate education, this specialist role in NatWest Markets Product Control offers a rare, long term development opportunity
- You can expect a high level of engagement, and ongoing on-the-job training to further your development
- This role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
This role will see you performing valuation control and reserving processes for the NatWest Markets Credit and ABS businesses, while also supporting initiatives across RBS. You can expect a high level of engagement with the business regarding valuation control, analysis and reporting on IPV results. You’ll also calculate and have ownership of reserves associated to the portfolio, seeing that they are comprehensively identified and calculated at the appropriate frequency.
Your main responsibilities in the role will be:
- Performing the NatWest Markets valuation control and reserving processes in line with the appropriate policies and methodologies
- Helping to ensure that all appropriate fair value based reserves have been identified and calculated across all fair value risk in both the trading and banking books
- Assisting with communicating IPV Reserving results among the IPV group, across Product Control – including ad hoc business analysis – and ultimately to the Heads of the different businesses
- Providing business level and cross-product subject matter expertise to numerous stakeholders, such as Finance Change, front office and market risk teams
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong analytical and mathematical skills developed in an undergraduate education in a quantitative subject, such as mathematics, physics, financial mathematics, econometrics, or a similar discipline. Study to postgraduate level, Masters, PhD, or equivalent, is preferred, and we’d like to see some business experience in an investment banking product control related role.
We'll also expect candidates to demonstrate:
- Managerial and business experience in a valuation control role specifically around credit and asset backed products
- The ambition to continue your development and progress, and a strong appetite to provide insight and value added analysis
- The ability to work in a culture based on excellence, continuous improvement, and doing the right thing for the organisation
- Good communication skills at all levels
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.