We're offering opportunities on the 2019 NatWest Markets Comeback Programme in London
- If you've been taking time out of your career having previously left a senior role, our 2019 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in the NatWest Markets business, giving you useful coaching and an array of networking opportunities while bringing your experience right up to date
- The opportunities are based in the NatWest Markets Front Office – an incredibly varied and busy area of our business – and are designed to provide a work environment that enables you to balance a successful career with family life
- By placing you at the forefront of the NatWest Markets business, this 12 week paid returnship in April 2019 will highlight a wealth of potential opportunities, and may lead to the offer of a permanent role
- The closing date for applications will be the 16th January 2019
What you'll do
This returnship will allow you to get back to a hands-on role, leading and managing one or more initiatives which support NatWest Markets. You'll fulfil the role of a Global Markets/Investment Banking Specialist, and will deliver the end-state journey related to cost, control, regulations and organisational excellence.
Possible initiatives could include working with our:
- Head of Customer Experience to perform operating model review and design on front-to-back customer lifecycle processes
- Transformation team to streamline processes and drive cost efficiencies
- Business Administration team
- Front Office Risk Framework and Mandatory Remediation teams, to deliver the appropriate conduct and control outcomes so that NatWest Markets remains within risk appetite
- Front Office Surveillance team
- Portfolio Risk and Resource Management
- Future-State Business Model
As part of the Comeback Programme you'll be supported with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching and seminars. You'll have a dedicated mentor during the programme, and will have the opportunity to join networking events led by our employee-led networks to gain exposure to senior leaders and broaden your internal connections.
The skills you'll need
To be eligible for the 2019 NatWest Markets Comeback Programme, you must have been on a career break for at least two full years by April 2019. Prior to your career break you'll have gained:
- Experience working in financial services or in a relevant field, as a functional expert or as a manager or team leader at Vice President level or higher
- Experiences and skills that are a match for roles that NatWest Markets is recruiting for
We're looking for people who have high levels of motivation, and are keen to meet a new challenge. In terms of your skills and experience, we'll also be looking for you to bring:
- Knowledge of debt capital markets, syndicate, FX sales, rate sales or credit sales
- Rating and risk analysis experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills, and the ability to understand complex topics
- A proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly in senior management
- A willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, and you'll be prepared to ask the right questions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.