Join us in London with NatWest Markets as Quantitative Analytics Associate/Vice President
- In this key role, you'll support the Head of Front Office Model Governance in driving the model governance agenda within NatWest Markets (NWM)
- Your work will be encompassing all end-of-day valuation, decision making models, eTrading models and capital models as well as emerging programmes such as FRTB
- You'll be building out processes, methodologies and a toolset to create a proactive model governance framework, and engaging with stakeholders across the business, control functions, audit and regulators to set the model governance agenda
- This role is offered at Associate or Vice President level, depending on experience
- This vacancy opens on the 31.01.2019 and closes on 28.02.2019
What you'll do
You'll work in our front office team within Quantitative Analytics that drives the Model Governance agenda within NatWest Markets.
In this role you'll:
- Build tools and automate processes to support proactive and effective model governance
- Be responsible for producing accurate model management information
- Assist Quant team leads in running of the individual asset level governance committees
- Ensure that all NWM model (such as end-of-day valuation models, decision making models, eTrading models) are well governed and compliant with all mandatory procedures, policies and regulations
- Interact with Trading, Market Risk, Model Risk, Finance and RBS Model Governance to ensure effective control and assessment of model risk
- Provide necessarily support during model governance annual audit or regulatory assessment
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the proven ability to complete projects and maintain good attention to detail while working to tight time frames. You'll ideally have a university degree in a STEM subject and a postgraduate degree or professional qualification would be desirable, for example CFA, CQF.
We're also looking for you to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of the current regulatory environment (specifically model risk management requirements of the regulation related to capital requirements, prudent valuation, stress testing and algorithmic trading)
- Experience writing and reviewing policy, governance and methodology documentation
- Experience working with internal and external auditors, and with regulatory requests and submissions
- Programming ability in VBA, Python
- Knowledge in derivative products, quantitative modelling or eTrading
- Previous experience within front office, including either Quant, Model Risk or Model governance role at an investment bank
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.