Join NatWest Markets in London as Senior Credit Manager
- This is a unique opportunity to take on an interesting role supporting the NatWest Markets Securitised Products and Structured Finance Derivative Solutions businesses
- Joining a diverse and dynamic environment, you’ll be working predominantly with clients in the UK, Western Europe and the US
- You’ll be managing a portfolio of securitisation and asset backed finance transactions from a credit risk perspective, to agree a risk appetite and minimise credit losses
- As part of our commitment to support you in striking a work-life balance, we offer flexible working with this role
- The role is available at either Vice President or at Director level
What you'll do
As Senior Credit Manager, you’ll be managing the credit risk profile for a portfolio of securitisation, ABS and covered bond transactions. Demonstrating sound judgement, you’ll work with the business to agree on the risk appetite for your portfolio, engage with front line business teams regarding new transactions, and lead client due diligence. As a senior member of the team you'll also be a key source of guidance and support for junior colleagues.
Your key deliverables will include:
- Proactively managing the portfolio's credit risk profile, making sure risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Working closely with front office teams on more complex new transactions, ensuring structures are acceptable from a risk perspective and in line with relevant policies, and advising on risk appetite
- Managing key relationships with senior front line stakeholders and external clients
- Coordinating an efficient and effective credit approval process for all new business, delivering a good customer experience through timely decisions
- Approving credit reviews and new transactions in accordance with your delegated authority
The skills you'll need
You’ll come from a role where credit risk management is a key part of the job. You'll have detailed knowledge of the securitisation, ABS and covered bond sectors, including the associated regulatory frameworks, as well as a basic understanding of financial statements for financial institutions, such as balance sheets and profit and loss.
Previous knowledge of Financial Institution clients and products relevant to the role would be helpful, as would knowledge of traded products including derivatives and repos, lending, capital markets funding and trade finance activities, as well as their accompanied documentation. Experience in Non Performing Loan financing transactions would also be welcome.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Experience of preparing credit applications, and of holding an individual delegated authority and using it to approve transactions
- Understanding and experience of the application of rating agency securitisation, ABS and covered bond criteria
- Experience in conducting client due diligence, with the confidence to lead meetings
- Stress testing and financial cash flow modelling experience
- A strong analytical background which can be applied to transaction, structure and counterparty analysis
- Experience in UK and pan-European commercial real estate transactions and lending, or CLO and leveraged loan financing
- Good working knowledge of credit grading models, and knowledge of credit mitigation techniques
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.