We're hiring a Rates Sales Associate/Vice President to join us in Japan
Purpose of Role
This is a customer focused role which will see you distributing fixed income products to Financial Institution clients in Asia Pacific. You'll support in developing close relationships with both clients and with internal trading and research teams, which you'll help leverage to outstanding and sustainable results which benefit both the bank and our customers.
You'll succeed in this role by
- Analysing relevant market related data, trends and events, and formulating views and trade ideas for investor clients and sales
- Helping to manage the trading relationship with the client portfolio, promoting and growing the amount of business the firm does with the client
- Being accountable for delivering on commitments made to customers
- Managing internal processes around clients, such as KYC, risk controls and post trade services
What you’ll bring
- You'll need knowledge of fixed income markets covering rates and credit in developed and emerging markets
- You'll rely on your communication skills and sales mindset to succeed, so you'll need to be clear both verbally and in writing, and adept at building long term relationships and discovering client requirements, with a broad understanding of client business need and wider risk management.
The skills you’ll need
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English is a must
- Strong academic background
- 4-8 years prior experience in sales and client-facing role
- Client oriented
- Good understanding of derivatives
- Resourceful self starter with a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills across all levels
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".