Join us as a Risk and Control Manager for NatWest Markets Chief Operating Office in Manchester
- Take on a new career challenge and help us shape and maintain a robust control environment in our NatWest Markets Chief Operating Office (COO)
- In this associate level role you'll be monitoring, reviewing and challenging our COO risk and control environment and identifying ways to improve our risk monitoring and controls
- You'll gain exposure to senior stakeholders at a global level and be building your career in a fast paced but supportive team environment
What you'll do
From day one, you'll be developing your COO and risk and control subject matter expertise to provide daily risk and control activities. This will involve building collaborative working relationships with senior staff across NatWest Markets COO, including Post Trade Services, Funding, Collateral & Futures Operations, Supply Chain Management, Data and Client Operations & Delivery
Your responsibilities will include supporting the ongoing development and implementation of key elements of the bank’s operational risk framework within NatWest Markets by:
- Delivering Risk Assessments or Change Risk Reviews and Scenario Analysis for COO, to ensure that NatWest Markets risks and controls are assessed in relation to NatWest Markets Risk Appetite Statement
- Continuing to define and embed appropriate risk framework discipline in NatWest Markets
- Acting as a key risk and control adviser to the NatWest Markets COO business stakeholders
- Being an advocate for the implementation of a generative risk culture throughout all levels of NatWest Markets
- Performing quality assurance over the Line team production of risk issues and events
- Liaising with colleagues in 2LOD and 3LOD to ensure a strong risk framework
- Assisting NatWest Markets in maintaining CE2
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent problem solving skills and strong analytic capabilities.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- A proven understanding of investing banking business and the associated E2E risk and control activities
- Operational and regulatory risk experience within a business
- A track record of owning an driving
- The ability to work with conflicting priorities and deliver to deadlines
- The demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, senior management , with the ability to challenge effectively
- A proven track record in service delivery
- The ability to work with global teams
- A proven track record in understanding the business and process optimisation
- Good report writing skills
- Knowledge and application of the investment banking risks, policies, controls and processes
- The proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written at all levels of an organisation
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.