This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Warsaw as a Junior Transaction Controller
- Sitting within our Portfolio Optimisation & Clearing function, you'll help us provide middle office operational support on a wide range of plain vanilla and complex financial derivatives for a variety of London trading desks
- You'll collaborate with stakeholders across various back and middle offices located in Warsaw, London, the United States, India and Asia
What you'll do
As a Junior Transaction Controller, you'll essentially help us ensure accuracy and controls surrounding trade capture in trade booking systems.
Tasks will include various control activities such as:
- Producing clearing reports, ensuring that all aimed for clearing transactions reach London Clearing House on time
- Reducing total exposure of the bank in order to reduce the total risk weighted assets ratio, and rebooking trades with London Clearing House and Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Undertaking trade stamping, ensuring proper calculation set-up for margin and collaterals according to MIFID and USPR regulations
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a relevant qualification in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics or similar, and you'll be fluent in both spoken and written English.
We're also looking for:
- Base knowledge of financial products such as interest rate swaps, basis swaps, cross currency swaps with basis, basis MTM variations, zero coupon IRS options, caps and floors, and inflation swaps
- Good MS Office skills, ideally with knowledge of VBA
- An understanding of key elements of an investment bank structure
- Good communication and team working skills
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.