This job posting is no longer active
We're hiring a Business Manager to join the NatWest Markets Fixed Income business in London
- This is a fast paced business management role in a front office environment, supporting the Fixed Income business
- You'll be supporting all aspects stewardship, strategy and governance from front to back, giving you ample exposure to senior stakeholders
- The role is available at associate level
What you'll do
This role will see you providing business management and operational support to the Fixed Income business, contributing to stewardship and governance from front to back, and covering our client, financial, risk management, control, and people agendas. You'll help to drive these dimensions forward by coordinating the delivery of strategic planning and projects, including new products and regulatory changes, working collaboratively with stakeholders and business partners.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Collaborating with peer business mangers to share knowledge, and ensure a consistent and efficient approach and delivery covering day to day activities, as well as material projects and business change
- Driving control and governance activities to ensure material risks are mitigated properly, control gaps are highlighted and appropriate actions are taken
- Representing the business in forums and steering committees, cross-divisional working groups, or business forums outside of the Trading & Flow Sales franchise
- Partnering with first and second risk teams to design and implement policy, processes and controls, resulting in a robust risk and control framework
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong experience of business management in a front office environment or in support areas which interact closely with the front office, with proven project management, change management, or process improvement experience. You'll have a demonstrable understanding of the risk and control agenda and governance requirements, and of the current regulatory environment, along with a solid commercial understanding of the fixed income market and products. We'll also expect:
- A history of fostering collaborative working practice across teams
- Experience of building relationships with, influencing, challenging, and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical, business evaluation and problem solving skills, with an affinity for data analysis, and the ability to develop graphs, reports, and presentations
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- The ability to maintain attention to detail while working to tight timeframes
- Proven excellent communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.