Join NatWest Markets in London as a Software Engineer
- This role will see you working on an industry leading fixed income electronic trading platform
- You'll be helping us take the platform to the next generation in terms of full automation of the electronic flow, meeting our regulatory and control requirements, and providing our customers with excellent technical solutions
- You'll enjoy significant exposure, working closely with the trading desks in London, Stamford and Singapore to provide e-trading solutions for our customers
- This role is available at associate level
What you'll do
Working on our fixed income electronic trading platform, you'll be responsible for building out the existing technology stack, as well as green field development on products and components that need refreshing.
You'll also be responsible for:
- The development of desktop and web GUIs for pricing, trading, quoting and risk management, and .net middle-tier services
- Working with traders to translate business requirements into technical solutions, implementing these into the trading eco-system, and providing fully automated testing solutions
- Improving and maintaining the standard of code quality through a high level of unit and automated test coverage
- Embracing DevOps practices to monitor and own the code in production
- Working with support teams to minimise the need for developer escalation, and helping to drive our strategic migration to the cloud
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced C# developer, proficient with WPF and generating compelling front ends. You'll have an understanding of, or a desire to learn HTML5, and you'll be fluent in OOAD principles and the fundamentals of good design, able to apply these to real world scenarios.
In addition to this, you'll demonstrate:
- An understanding of reactive programming - ideally Rx - and high throughput, low latency GUIs and messaging platforms
- Familiarity with e-Trading workflows, specifically quote and order management, RFQs, market data and STP
- Development experience on large, complex codebases
- A passion for TDD and the benefits it brings
- Experience with common testing frameworks, mocking libraries, and agile software development practices
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.