Join NatWest Markets in London as a Loan & Distressed Strategy Associate
- Joining us in this fast paced, front office role, you'll analyse par and stressed loans, distressed loans and bonds
- We'll look to you to increase client connectivity across our Loan & Distressed desk
- This role is available at associate level
- This vacancy opens on the 04/03/2019 and closes on 01/04/2019.
What you'll do
This engaging role will see you analysing market-related data, trends and events, and formulating trade ideas or investment opportunities. You'll also be responsible for providing impact analysis where relevant with output targeted at internal trading desks, other NatWest Market users, and external clients.
As well as this, you'll:
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure desk strategy activities are in line with RBS and NatWest Markets policies covering conduct, operational and regulatory risks
- Understand and adhere to guidance set out in the Desk Strategist Procedures Manual
- Maintain regular engagement and dialogue with key clients via calls, meetings and roadshows to enhance the franchise, working with Sales to commercialise opportunities where relevant
- Contribute to asset-specific and cross-asset desk strategy publications, ensuring an adequate degree of publication frequency
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience in a buy or sell side organisation in a strategist or research role. Along with refined credit analysis skills at sub-IG level, you'll be familiar with leveraged loans, HY or distressed credits.
You'll also demonstrate:
- The ability to work well in a team
- The ability to package and pitch trade investment ideas both internally to colleagues in strategy, trading and sales, and externally to customers
- European language skills
Knowledge and experience of insolvency and restructuring regimes in western Europe would also be beneficial.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".