We're looking for a Senior Transaction Controller to join our growing Warsaw hub
- This is an opportunity to join the finance team in NatWest Markets, the investment banking arm of RBS
- You'll be joining a team in the middle of the trading process, whose operations are linked to market moves and macro and micro economic situation on the financial market
- You can expect to further your knowledge of rates products
What you'll do
You role will sits in the rates middle office, the link between front office traders and back office confirmation and settlement teams. We support trading of wide range of vanilla rates, option and inflation related financial derivatives for a variety of trading desks, ensuring accurate trade pricing and controlling the process of trade booking in respective risk systems. Our team is in constant loop with other teams around the globe, including locations such us London, New York or Gurugram.
Your responsibilities in the role will include:
- Fostering daily cooperation with traders
- Validating transactions to ensure a proper valuation
- Running daily controls
- Handling queries from front office stakeholders
- Contributing to projects to simplify and rationalise controls
The team will comprise of both Rates and Currencies specialists cooperating with traders situated in America. Standard working hours mean coverage of US shift which will be from 14:00 to 22:00 Polish time.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who is fluent in both spoken and written English, with good experience in a similar role. You'll have strong knowledge of financial products such as interest rate swaps, basis swaps (IRS-B), cross currency swaps – including with basis and basis mark to market variations, zero coupon interest rate swaps, options, caps and floors – including Asian and digital variations – and inflation swaps.
We'll also expect:
- An understanding of the key elements of an investment bank structure, such as front office, middle office and back office functions, and general front to back operations including trade execution, confirmation, settlements and funding
- An understanding of P&L reporting process
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel
- A team orientated approach, with effective communication skills
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.