Join us in Warsaw as an Assurance Controller
- For a forward looking audit or risk and control professional who is fluent in English, this is an exceptional opportunity to join us as an Assurance Controller
- Joining our Finance Risk & Control team, you'll be here to support investment bank NatWest Markets
- You'll work in a supportive and personable team environment, where you'll be responsible for an effective internal control system for financial reporting
- This will cover supporting compliance with internal policies, reviewing processes and identifying risks
What you'll do
As Assurance Controller, you'll act as a subject matter expert on robust risk and control, assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment in NatWest Markets Finance, and guiding improvements to risk monitoring and to the controls in operation. You'll carry out risk assessments and assurance testing, and will help to make improvements to a range of operating processes.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Providing support and analysis for continuous process improvement and business led change initiatives
- Establishing collaborative working relationships within NatWest Markets Finance, Treasury and middle office teams, and across other support functions
- Building your understanding of the function's risk and control activities and of the required outputs
- Making sure the right mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk
- Keeping up to date on relevant market initiatives and regulatory changes
- Reporting on SOX control testing results, risk issues, and key risk indicators within deadlines
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role you'll need a good understanding of financial reporting requirements, including IFRS. You'll also good experience in an internal control, audit, or financial control role as well as university degree in a finance, banking or economics related discipline, or equivalent.
You'll ideally be working towards a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or CIA.
We'll also be looking for:
- Knowledge of banking products, structures and financial reporting systems
- Strong analytical skills coupled with an inquisitive mind
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in either a financial audit environment, or internal controls area
- Experience of building and maintaining strong business relationships in a changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.