Join us in Warsaw as a Senior Financial Controller
- You'll be responsible for financial analysis which support financial control activities, complex problem solving, internal reporting for senior management, and supporting your team to achieve the goals of the department
- You'll work with a wide range of Finance teams to support financial control deliverables
- Along with flexible working options, you'll benefit from the opportunity to gain a real insight into NatWest Markets and its investment product range
What you'll do
As a Senior Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for supporting the enhancement of financial control during a period of significant strategic change. You'll focus on embedding client focus into the statutory reporting culture through strategy, communications and client engagement.
Your remit will cover the monthly and quarterly financial support of central financial control processes. As such, you'll ensure the accuracy of finance data in scope of ledger presentation of credit risk elements, and the classification and measurement of financial instruments.
Your role will also involve:
- Driving control enhancements by streamline controls around reporting processes and promoting consistency of practices
- Building and maintaining a network of trusted business partners by collaboration across statutory reporting and NatWest Markets Finance to support common objectives
- The governance and control the monthly financial ledger close process
- Accelerating, streamlining and enhancing the ledger close process
- Maintaining and enhancing the control environment
The skills you'll need
You'll have extensive experience as a finance professional, and you'll be CIMA, ACCA qualified, or qualified by related experience in a business environment.
You'll also need:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong understanding of Accounting Standards, mainly IFRS 9, especially in scope of the measurement and presentation of banking and investment products
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with an inquisitive mind to investigate issues
- An understanding of accounting flows and entries, and their impact on the final balances presentation in financial statements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong financial controls knowledge and experience
- The ability to work well with cross-locational teams
Along with this, you'll need the ability to proactively work with and influence senior stakeholders within Finance and other parts of the organisation.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.