Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in London
- You'll contribute to the strategic vision of the team and design and develop software and tools to help us shape the future of our business
- Work with the latest AI and cloud technologies and hone your technical expertise in a creative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- You'll join a team located across London, India and the US, and be responsible for development activities within the Fixed Income application stack to address key business challenges and progress the Credit IT strategy in a pragmatic agile direction
- You'll ensure the continued development of the existing software and be part of the programme of rationalisation and simplification in 2019
What you'll do
You'll take on a front office role on the trading floor, working on legacy technology and working to migrate to a newer technology stack. You'll identify and research new technologies which will enable the bank to deliver outstanding service and cutting edge banking options and solutions for it's customers. You'll deliver solutions using HTML5, Angular, React and SQL Server technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that software is developed to meet both functional and non-functional requirements based on sound research
- Delivering the highest quality solutions through the use of automated unit, system and integration testing
- Focusing on how the software being developed can benefit our customers and ensure that work undertaken is in their best interests
- Building and maintaining relationships across the bank’s technical departments and driving the technical agenda
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology developments and sharing best practice
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with proficiency in a wide range of programming languages and technical domains and awareness of the latest developments in the technology industry. You'll have a background in software engineering and design, or database design and architecture. You'll also have a real passion for exploring, learning about, and harnessing new technologies and you'll be applying this across the bank. Experience in a front office role would be a plus.
You'll be a strategic thinker able to take account of multiple ambiguous variables and potential scenarios.
You'll bring specific knowledge and experience of:
- SQL Server, HTML5, Angular JS and React
- .Net 4.5, Net Core and client server side development
- GIT and Nuget
- WPF, Silverlight or WCF
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.