Join us in Warsaw as a Financial Analyst
- If you have an interest in working for an investment bank, understanding financial products and how they're reported, this is an opportunity to take on a role with great development potential
- You'll be honing your analytic and problem solving skills and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across our business
What you'll do
You'll be working as a Financial Analyst in Balance Sheet Substantiation and Control. You'll be running daily and monthly controls of Balance Sheet statements for respective businesses, including reconciliation, analytical review and driver analysis.
You'll also be:
- Calculating, validating and posting on a monthly basis IAS32, IFRS9 journals for collateral as well as IRS, repo, bonds and structured products
- Providing high level monthly commentary for Derivatives MtM movements
- Building strong working relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Delivering daily, weekly and monthly ad hoc requests within defined timescales
- Constantly reviewing, challenging and developing Balance Sheet Control methodologies, looking for automated solutions
The skills you'll need
You'll need a degree in finance, banking, economics or similar and experience working in finance or banking. You'll also need good knowledge of English, both written and verbal. You'll also need knowledge of cash and derivative products such as bonds, FX, forward, swap, options, deposits, and loans, and technical skills, advanced with Microsoft Office.
You'll also need:
- To be organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks dynamically, adapt and respond to changes in a complex environment as they arise, without compromising on timely delivery
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- To be ambitious with a strong appetite to understand the products traded so as to provide insight and analysis
- Strong communication skills and a client orientated outlook
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.