Join us in Warsaw as a Junior Transaction Controller
- Middle office is the link between front office and back office teams, and is responsible for accuracy and controls surrounding trade capture in trade booking systems
- Your role sits in the team, which provides middle office operational support on a wide range of plain vanilla and complex financial derivatives for a variety of London trading desks
- You'll collaborate with stakeholders across various back and middle offices, located in Warsaw, London, India, United States or Asia
What you'll do
Your typical activities will include control activities over:
- Trade lifecycle management – rate fixings, broker fee correctness, trade novations
- Transactions’ optionality check
- The calculation of interest payments, and root cause analysis in case of discrepancies
- Setting up exchange traded future contracts
You'll also be handling general stakeholders’ queries.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a team-focused approach and the ability to work under pressure, to able maintain a high standard of work when meeting demanding deadlines through strong organisation and attention to detail. Previous experience in middle office or back office roles would be welcome, particularly if you have existing exposure to trade management. You'll also need intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
We'll also expect:
- Good analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to understand and communicate the “big picture” and at the same time execute the detail needed to deliver
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.