We're hiring a Senior Product Controller to join our growing Warsaw hub
- As a Senior Product Controller you'll undertake complex financial and accounting activities, and support the wider team in achieving its goals
- You'll support project and process improvement initiatives, and you'll collaborate with the team leader in the review and challenge of team outputs
- We'll look to you to maintain control and governance over the books and records for the purposes of financial reporting internally to the business and senior firm management, and externally to shareholders and regulators
What you'll do
This role will see you supporting the remediation project for our legacy business, including reviewing and substantiating the historical balance sheet and P&L accounts, allowing for the ledgers to be closed in good time and manual adjustments made where needed. You'll review the suitability of controls around applicable accounting constraints and will support regulatory and statutory financial reporting and analysis, including ensuring compliance with IFRS standards and the SOX framework.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping up to date on regulatory changes and understanding their impact on the product and businesses supported
- Driving continuous process improvements and functionalisation of work between Product Control and other functions in Finance
- Liaising closely with other Product Control teams, Market & Operational Risk, Operations, and other Finance teams to ensure queries are resolved efficiently
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal, and an understanding of financial products, their mechanics and their rationale for use. You'll have a solid grasp of financial markets and the mechanisms that govern them, and you'll have strong analytical skills, able to break down complex problems into their core components.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in a banking or finance environment
- Good knowledge of banking products and IFRS accounting standards
- Advanced Excel knowledge and the ability to work with large sets of data
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a dynamically changing environment
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.