Join us in Warsaw as a Senior Valuation Analyst
- If you're fluent in English and passionate about financial markets, this a chance to join the Transaction & Valuation Control function in NatWest Markets – the investment banking arm of RBS
- You'll to get in-depth insight into financial instruments that aren't available in the Polish financial market, and you'll have access to a number of development and learning programmes
What you'll do
In this varied role you'll be responsible for the execution and verification of valuation controls. This will include the revaluation of financial instruments based on independent model inputs and the calculation of reserves. There will be range of the products under your scope, mainly derivatives including futures, forwards, interest rate derivatives, credit default swaps, inflation derivatives, currency and exotic options, or structured products.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Verifying IPV and reserves methodology, providing assurance that procedures are in line with policy and reporting requirements
- Challenging assumptions used for IPV and reserves calculations, leading to increased efficiencies
- Providing commentary of IPV results, including confirmation of prices with external data providers and the front office
- Calculating bid offer reserves, day one reserves, valuation adjustments, IPV and reserves results, and reporting to the front office and IPV business owners
- Calculating and reporting prudential valuations
The skills you'll need
You'll have good knowledge of financial products, including derivative products, and will be fluent in both spoken and written English. You'll also have a sound understanding of the control environments and what makes a control adequate and effective. Experience in a financial services organisation linked with capital markets would be an advantage, as would VBA skills.
We'll also be looking for:
- An analytical thinking style, with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel
- The ability to build a network of contacts to drive improvement initiatives and solve problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.