Join our Business Intelligence team in Warsaw as an Expert in the field of Financial Analysis
- Help NatWest Markets, the investment banking arm of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, shape its strategy by delivering analysis of results against main competitors across a set of key business KPIs
- Utilise your commercial banking knowledge and your accounting and analytical skills to deliver qualitative and quantitative peer comparisons to our senior managers
- You'll be required to travel to London for a couple of weeks to receive comprehensive training from the Client Analytics team
What you'll do
We'll look to you to analyse the financial results disclosed on a quarterly basis by NatWest Markets as well as a set of our main ~15 competitors across a range of P&L and balance sheet metrics. You'll then publish official communication for the company.
Day-to-day your responsibilities will include:
- The preparation of monthly and quarterly MI presenting the bank’s results against competitors together with a comprehensive explanation to support CFO, ExCo and board reporting
- Answering ad-hoc queries from senior management to support decision making
- Shaping the strategy and operating model for the bank by providing in-depth understanding of what our main competitors do
- Building a knowledge database of the results and key strategic moves of other banks from within our peer group to provide intelligence and insight
- Supporting the wider Executive Decision Support team
- Coaching and training less experienced colleagues
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, we'll look to you to bring:
- Proficiency in accounting to enable the comprehensive review of financial statements, ideally supported by a professional qualification from within the field
- Analytical skills obtained through prior experience with financial statements, audits and financial modelling to support M&A transactions
- Experience working with strategy departments, or in financial planning or reporting roles within banking
- Commercial knowledge from the banking field, and an understanding of the investment banking business model, products and market
- Effective communication skills in English, both written and verbal, including proficiency in business and accounting terminology
- Strong MS Excel and Power Point skills to support efficient data gathering and presentations
Experience using Think Cell would be a plus, as would the knowledge of BI tools like OBIEE or OACS.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.