We're looking for a Surveillance Analyst to join us in Manchester
- You'll play a vital role in maintaining and improving the compliance control environment in NatWest Markets
- Part of a cohesive team, you'll enjoy a collaborative working environment as well as taking personal ownership for consistent delivery
- You'll have the opportunity to develop your subject matter expertise in surveillance and trading, creating valuable progression opportunities
- Driving continuous improvement, you'll help develop our people and systems.
- This role will be at analyst or associate level
What you'll do
You’ll work within the trade surveillance team, monitoring trading activity for market abuse and other compliance breaches. You’ll be a point of escalation and expertise for more junior members of the team, analyzing and pursuing cases of potential misconduct. You’ll help ensure that surveillance is carried out effectively and efficiently and drive innovation and change. You'll be involved in projects involving a range of senior stakeholders.
- Liaising with senior stakeholders on surveillance cases, as well as systems and controls
- Provide expertise on compliance matters, particularly market abuse
- Continually building and maintain your knowledge of surveillance and trading
- Contributing to projects by developing MI, organising and running governance meetings and refining processes
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone who has a good understanding of financial markets, particularly in the context of conduct issues, and is able to work effectively individually and as part of a team. You’ll have experience working with trading data.
In particular, you'll have:
- Experience analysing trade data
- Strong communication skills, particularly in writing
- A good understanding of sales and trading and some understanding of compliance and market abuse
- A hunger to learn and develop your knowledge
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.