We're hiring a Senior Developer to join us in London
- This is a chance to join the Fixed Income Technology team in NatWest Markets in a high profile, business facing role on the trading floor
- You'll be involved in the complete software engineering lifecycle, and can expect relative freedom in the choice of languages in which you develop
- You'll be encouraged to innovate and explore new technologies in order to streamline and simplify
- You can expect plenty of chance to learn and develop, and will benefit from exposure to the entire fixed income business
What you'll do
Your role will involve working closely with the fixed income traders, quants, and market risk and finance teams. You'll be expected to deliver solutions quickly with no compromise in quality or accuracy. Requirements may come directly from the business, or from other technology functions.
Together with the remainder of a small team, you'll be responsible for:
- Rapid development and prototyping of technical solutions using Excel VBA, C#, Python, Angular and React
- Developing tools to calculate, analyse and report risk and P&L in real-time, publish market data, price trades, perform scenario analysis, and everything in between
- Contributing throughout the full software development lifecycle, from business analysis to development, testing support and maintenance
The skills you'll need
You'll have strong technical skills, primarily focused on .net skills with a secondary focus on Python. While you won't need full experience of fixed income, an understanding of products such as swaps, options, futures, options and futures is essential.
We'll also be looking for:
- Strong Excel VBA, C# and Python development skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of DevOps and rapid application development principles and practices
- In depth technical knowledge with the ability to interact with a wide set of stakeholders within technology, risk, finance and trading
- Source control and continuous integration using Git, Nuget and TeamCity
- Experience of developing loosely coupled microservices
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.