Join us in London as a Site Reliability Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join us at NatWest Markets
- You'll have the chance to develop your existing technical skills and advance your career
What you'll do
As an SRE within the NatWest Markets Digital team. you’ll use your experience of development and supporting distributed systems to improve the reliability and performance of our digital products.
- Develop tools and systems to support the operation of our products and services
- Observe and improve performance, reduce cost, and improve the experience for users
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Work within engineering teams in improving, designing and developing systems that are resilient
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
The skills you'll need
You'll need significant Infrastructure, Operations, or Site Reliability Engineering experience, and experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems. You should have the ability to debug, fix, and optimise code and automate routine tasks, and troubleshooting skills that span applications, networking (TCP/IP), and systems.
You'll also need:
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (or UNIX) and TCP/IP
- Capacity to work independently and use initiative to identify information and key stakeholders
- Experienced in discussing and championing designs/thinking with product owners and developers, comfortable presenting their work and the rationale behind it
- Experience of working with Agile delivery methods and teams
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver to tight timelines
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.