Join us in Warsaw as a Senior Financial Controller
- You'll be performing business as usual within NatWest Markets reporting and control function
- We'll look to you to make sure selected entities and records of the bank are properly reported and disclosed and all the risks around the processes performed are raised, assessed, monitored and addressed
- You'll also have the opportunity to support our finance projects and continuous improvements initiatives
What you'll do
NatWest Markets Financial Control team is responsible for a number of high level analytical controls and overview that span the NatWest Markets business. You'll be responsible for the development and management of suitable controls around applicable reporting and accounting constraints, and you'll be providing expert advice on financial, accounting and reporting matters.
You'll be keeping up-to-date with IFRS reporting developments, systems infrastructure and internal policy changes to proactively assess business and reporting impacts. You'll also be supporting and performing monthly reporting of NatWest Markets balance sheet for respective businesses indirectly to senior management and external regulators, including reconciliation, analytical review and driver analysis.
You'll also be:
- Developing, validating and challenging working assumptions used to generate reporting packs to ensure optimum reporting
- Constantly challenging and looking for more automated solutions wherever possible, as a part of continuous improvement
- Providing regular and ad-hoc analysis of both tactical and strategic aspects of the business
- Identifying and understanding data reporting issues impacting balance sheet reporting
- Involved in project work covering controls enhancement, efficiency initiatives and strategic developments in order to provide business advantage
- Building strong working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, including delivering daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc requests to dates or times indicated and communicating well in advance where these cannot be met
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal, along with strong numerical and analytical skills with an inquisitive mind to investigate issues. You'll also need advanced Excel skills.
It would be desirable to have:
- Microsoft Access knowledge
- SQL knowledge
- VBA skills
- Knowledge of financial systems data flows, from transactional, front office systems to head office reporting systems
- Experience with working on multiple, large volume data sources and databases
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.