Join us in Warsaw as a Junior Transaction Controller
- If you're analytically minded and are looking for an opportunity to gain knowledge in a Finance middle office, our Junior Transaction Controller role could be the ideal next step for you
- You'll work in a supportive and personable team environment, where you'll provide operational support on a wide range of vanilla instruments for a variety of US trading desks, making sure trades are properly captured in the risk systems
- Our customers and our shareholders need their money to be well managed, so we'll look to you to provide the right information to help our colleagues make good decisions about customers, costs and capital
What you'll do
As a Junior Transaction Controller, you'll be the link between front office and back office teams, and you'll manage the daily flow of trades booked in the system by traders.
- Prepare daily control reports
- Manage queries that we receive from traders, settlement teams and external parties
- Use your product knowledge to support in various projects aimed at improving our systems
- Analyse and organise components to facilitate each project
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll be fluent in both spoken and written English, and have transferable experience in the financial sector. You'll need to have basic knowledge of products including interest rate swaps, basis swaps, cross currency swaps, loan, deposit, forward rate agreement, foreign exchange and overnight index swaps as well as options.
You'll have graduated or still be studying finance, economics or accounting, and have an understanding of the nature of a global financial business. Finally, you'll also need to be a team player with an open minded and collaborative approach to your work, and self-motivated to work effectively with other stakeholders.
What else you need to know
As you'll work with the US trading team, the role requires working late shifts, usually between 3PM and 11PM.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our NatWest benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At NatWest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.