Join us in Warsaw as a Junior Product Controller
- This is a valuable opportunity to join the Finance function of NatWest Markets, a leading investment bank
- You'll undertake complex financial and accounting issues, and support project and process improvement initiatives
- It's a chance to play an important part in maintaining control and governance over the books and records for financial reporting, both internally and externally to shareholders, regulators and other stakeholders
What you'll do
You'll be carrying out the daily calculation and reporting of profit and loss or balance sheet statements for trading desks, including reconciliation, analytical review, driver analysis. You'll sign off traders' daily and monthly profit and loss, and carry out ad-hoc reporting and analysis when required, covering mainly revenue, but also balance sheet.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Making sure systems’ reconciliation breaks are explained and cleared
- Reviewing the suitability of controls around accounting constraints
- Liaising with front office teams to resolve queries quickly and efficiently, and to provide other ad-hoc business support
- Working closely with other product control teams, market and operational risk functions, Operations, and other areas of Finance to resolve queries
- Monthly balance sheet substantiation and control
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who has some experience in a finance or banking environment, and of working proactively with demanding customers in a flexible manner.
You'll also bring:
- The ability to work independently, prioritising your workload in a time-pressured environment
- Clear customer focus
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment and learn new processes
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our NatWest benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At NatWwest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.