We're looking for an Junior Product Controller to join us in Warsaw
- If you're a self-motivated individual who is looking to take on new challenges and develop your career in the investment banking area, then join our Revenue Control team as an Junior Product Controller
- You'll have an independent role facing off various stakeholders and will closely work with these teams to ensure correctness of our accounting records, and the fulfilment of regulatory requirements
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for the control and governance of key financial records and reporting as well as the daily calculation and reporting of profit and loss and balance sheet statements for respective trading desks based in London. Your remit will cover reconciliation, analytical reviews and driver analysis, as well as handling the monthly balance sheet substantiation and control.
This role provides a unique opportunity to use your knowledge to provide input to change initiatives and project work covering controls enhancement, efficiency initiatives and strategic developments in order to provide business advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking complex financial or accounting issues and supporting the wider team in achieving goals
- Supporting project and process improvement initiatives as well as collaborating with a team leader in the review and challenge of team outputs
- Ensuring the maintenance of control and governance over the books and records for the purposes of financial reporting
- Calculating and reporting profit and loss or balance sheet statements for respective trading desks
- Completing activities per the team checklist and making sure any SLA misses or issues are appropriately escalated
- Making sure that daily, weekly and monthly attribution, backtesting and significant trade activity tasks are performed as per the KPI’s
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a degree in finance, banking, economics or similar and some experience in financial markets. Along with excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal, you'll understand financial control concepts and requirements including balance sheet verification and profit and loss reporting. You'll have an in-depth knowledge of cash and derivative products such as bonds, FX, forward, swap, options, deposits, and loans, as well as strong technical skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
You'll need to be highly organised in order to prioritise tasks dynamically, and adapt and respond to changes in a complex environment as they arise, without compromising on timely delivery.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Be ambitious with a strong appetite to understand the products traded so as to provide insight and analysis
- Understand the full front to back setup within investment banking including related systems, processes, and functions
- Have the skills needed to develop the team and meet the business objectives
- Have fantastic analytical skills, able to break down complex problems into their core components
It is beneficial if you participated in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) program and have VBA or SQL skills.
How we'll reward you
You'll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our NatWest Markets benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At NatWest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.