Join us as a Senior Engineer, Google Cloud Platform and Azure
- Be part of a growing team to build a robust platform as a service in support of hosting investment banking applications primarily in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure
- Accelerate our applications teams' migration to the cloud towards a technology-driven future by delivering and maintaining software
- This is an opportunity to educate our developer community on the value proposition of GCP and participate in architectural discussions to make sure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- This role will be available at both director and vice president level
What you'll do
You'll be part of our Cloud Engineering team, focusing on enabling the bank's end-to-end journey from a data centre exit to the cloud. The platform you help to build will need to be robust, secure and controlled, and be able to run thousands of workloads across multiple regions to support our front office trading products. You'll also be building deep relationships with senior technical individuals within the developer community to enable them to be cloud advocates and enable our cloud strategy.
Your role will also involve:
- Providing in-depth developer work to support the bank with large-scale implementation of GCP and Azure
- Delivering and enhancing our infrastructure automation tools, with a focus on immutable infrastructure
- Delivering cloud architecture to ensure high availability, while ensuring the highest level of security in a controlled and regulated environment
- Acting as the key owner of several large projects owning all technical aspects of software development, focused cloud platform enablement
- Performing hands-on systems architecture, design and development, specifically as it pertains to GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Artifactory
- Helping to implement solutions for cloud platform enablement and identifying opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll be a self-starter with in-depth experience of large scale implementations of GCP or Azure. You'll have experience of successfully migrating software infrastructure to complex cloud environments with programming, along with knowledge of cloud security principles and the ability to document risk and controls to support emerging technologies.
We'll also look to you to have knowledge of cloud ecosystems, databases and containerisation, as well as the ability to understand systems and architectures to quickly identify potential problems.
Additionally, you'll need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace or StackDriver
- Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- An understanding of infrastructure and configuration as code and related concepts on GCP
- Experience with coding in a modern languages
- Experience with CI or CD tools
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.