Join us as a Liquidity & Funding Manager
- This is a prominent role that will see you maintaining and developing a strong second line of defence across our Treasury function
- With your knowledge and experience, you’ll be supporting senior colleagues in understanding, overseeing, challenging and enforcing appropriate risk mitigation techniques
- You can build on your existing knowledge of risk, and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Liquidity & Funding Manager, you’ll be making sure that the function’s activities comply with our risk appetite and risk management standards. We’ll look to you to assess, analyse and report on Treasury risk for internal and regulatory purposes, while managing the engagement with the central Risk functions to understand their requirements and strategic developments.
As well as this, you’ll be
- Keeping up to date with the regulatory environment in which we operate and helping to assess or implement the changes in our risk management framework
- Maintaining, documenting and monitoring the organisation’s policies and approach for your area of risk
- Working in partnership with other members of the team to review and perform calculations and provide analysis and commentary to present to stakeholders
- Conducting risk reverse stress tests and ad hoc risk scenario sensitivities
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a risk professional with strong and relevant financial experience, gained from working in a risk or finance function. You’ll have a good understanding of liquidity, capital or market risk with actuarial science knowledge, along with an in-depth understanding a suite of risk metrics so you can effectively capture the funding and liquidity risk which Treasury manages.
A financial or risk qualification, such as a CFA, FIA or FRM is a must for this role, and you’ll be educated to degree level in a numerate subject with a good understanding of financial mathematics.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge of treasury risks, balance sheet management techniques, hedging activities, risk models and market risk capital across pillar 1 and 2
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements across liquidity and funding
- Experience of challenging first line of defence treasury or business activities using robust fact based arguments
- An understanding of stress testing, ILAAP and strong systems knowledge
- Extensive analytical ability with risk management tools and techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage with senior management and executives while displaying commercial awareness