Join us as a Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting Team Leader
- This varied role will see you working with internal customers and business partners to identify and define opportunities for profitability increase across a set of cost, income and balance sheet related metrics, through business engagement and MI interrogation
- We’ll look to you to build a culture of continuous improvement by leading through example and encouraging idea generation
- Join a dynamic team, as you gain exposure to stakeholders across the bank and build a strong network of contacts
What you'll do
You’ll be influencing decisions by providing your commercial and financial expertise and ensuring compliance with our governance framework. You’ll support activity that reviews profitability and value creation for the bank, and work with stakeholders to identify best practices and implement common methodologies, tools and techniques. Throughout the course of your work, you’ll also provide relevant, consistent, timely and business focused MI, budgets, forecasts and analytics to support the decision making around managing financials.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Building alternative scenarios and challenging data or assumptions to make sure that robust solutions are developed
- Creating draft forecasts and budgets and working with business partners to align them with business aspirations
- Supporting the reporting of financials, hierarchy, validation and reporting structure
- Providing a commentary explaining data movements and the outlook for the future periods
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a qualified accountant have equivalent experience in the financial services industry. If you have experience of cost management, this would be ideal. Crucially, you’ll have strong communication skills with fluency in written and verbal English, strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
Along with this, you'll be able to demonstrate your experience of managing a team.
We’ll also expect you to have:
- Previous experience in a business analytical environment, with a good commercial awareness and business acumen
- An ability to work with high levels of attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A track record of delivering MI and performing financial analysis
- An understanding of the cost accounting processes
- The ability to communicate complex financial information in a concise manner
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and modelling
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications