Join us as a MLRO Officer - Financial Crime, Business Advisory & Country Compliance Manager
- Take on a new role, where you’ll be contributing towards providing Financial Crime, Business Advisory and Country Compliance to the business
- You’ll be working on monitoring key business activities to ensure Financial Crime risks within the business are being identified, managed and controlled in line with policy
- This is an opportunity that provides a great platform to act as a key stakeholder of Japan Compliance who serves as interface with regulators, industry associations, policy makers, etc. and ensures relationships are open, transparent and in good faith
What you’ll do
As a Money Laundering Reporting Officer, providing Financial Crime, Business Advisory & Country Compliance support to NWM Japan you’ll ensure compliance with internal policy requirements and external regulatory obligations are met. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in initiatives by Head of Compliance Japan to develop and implement new and/or refined control framework, governance and escalation models for Financial Crime and Country Compliance.
You’ll also be:
- Representing the NWM Financial Crime team at relevant initiatives for the Japan business
- Escalate where business or support functions may be operating outside of Financial Crime policies and regulatory requirements
- Participate in initiatives by Financial Crime Head Office to streamline and to transform Financial Crime processes and controls
- Support regulator relationships including regulatory filing, reporting etc. as a member of Country Compliance Japan
- Support the delivery of advice and guidance on Financial Crime risk and general securities business
- Raise risk and/or efficiency issues against the business or support functions
- Build, safeguard and uphold the reputation of RBS Group across all stakeholders: investors, press, politicians, public, staff, clients, etc
- Supporting maintenance of Compliance relating documentation such as internal procedures, as a member of Country Compliance Japan
- Participation in pre-trade discussions relating to NWM products and services representing Country Compliance Japan on behalf of Head of Compliance Japan.
The skills you’ll need:
We’re looking for a team player with a self-motivated mind-set, with an ability to demonstrate decisiveness and sound judgement on a consistent basis. To succeed in this role, you’ll have a good knowledge of Financial Crime related regulations globally and in Japan.
The ability to influence and resolve conflict resolution will be highly beneficial in this role. Building excellent working relationships and establishing personal credibility with senior stakeholders will also be vital to the success of this role.
We’ll also expect you to have:
- Experience in Securities compliance and a good understanding of relevant regulations for a securities business in Japan
- Industry level knowledge of the Japan legal and regulatory environment and regulatory focus areas in Japan
- Native level written Japanese and advanced oral and written English skills
- Proven ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner, to potentially diverse audiences
- Highly developed creative skills to resolve complex problems and/or identify alternatives