Join us as a Valuation Controller
- Hone your valuation skills and advance your career as you undertake complex financial and valuation issues
- You’ll identify improvements in processes to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
- This is an opportunity to enhance your skillset while opening doors for career progression
What you'll do
As Valuation Controller, you’ll support the wider team in achieving objectives, project and process improvement initiatives, and collaborate with management in the review and challenge of team outputs. You’ll manage the calculations of statements and other financial reporting in line with business requirements, and work proactively with all internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around the process performed.
As well as this, you'll be conducting independent price verification for the trading portfolio held by London trading desk, looking at a variety of products. You'll be calculating bid offer reserves, day one reserves and various valuation adjustments, along with reporting prudential valuation results.
Through the course of your work, you’ll:
- Support with the resolution of all non-standard queries around processes performed
- Identify improvements in processes to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
- Provide an accurate and timely service for the specific unit, while making sure that all outputs are validated and delivered in accordance with SLAs
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with internal and external stakeholders, and work proactively with them to resolve any issue around the process performed
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, covering mainly revenue but also balance sheet
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience in a finance or banking environment with a good understanding of financial markets, including products, valuation and risk across asset classes. You’ll ideally have technical skills relating to VBA and SQL, and a CFA, FRM or ACCA would be an advantage.
You'll also bring excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong business relationships in a changing and fast paced environment.
We’ll also look to you to bring:
- An analytical mindset with excellent attention to detail
- An insight into valuation models
- An understanding of the front to back setup within investment banking, including systems, processes and functions
- The ability to identify and resolve issues with minimum supervision and prioritise workloads in a pressured environment
- Hands on Excel experience