Join us as a Valuation Controller
- In this key role, you'll be undertaking complex financial and valuation issues and supporting the wider team in achieving goals of the department
- You’ll be recognised as a subject matter expert, providing an understanding and knowledge on specific accounting topics related to the work of your team
- Hone your valuation skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Valuation Controller, you’ll use your financial expertise to oversee the calculations of statements and other financial reporting in line with business requirements. You'll support project and process improvement initiatives as well as collaborate with the team leader in the review and challenge of team outputs. And, you'll work proactively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around the process performed.
As well as this, you'll be conducting independent price verification for the trading portfolio held by London trading desk, looking at a variety of products. You'll be calculating bid offer reserves, day one reserves and various valuation adjustments, along with reporting prudential valuation results.
Your responsibilities also will include:
- Supporting the resolution of all non-standard queries around the processes performed and identifying improvements to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
- Making sure that your team provide an accurate and timely service, while ensuring all outputs are validated and delivered in accordance with agreed targets
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all trade bookings
- Making sure that activity is in line with all relevant external regulators and internal policies
- Making sure that appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk, balancing control, customer service and competitive advantage
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a degree in Finance, significant experience in the financial sector and knowledge of relevant products, including experience of valuation or accounting. You’ll have strong analytical and root cause analysis skills, coupled with the ability to prioritise and manage your time.
If you have experience with complex trade booking and validation, this would also be an advantage, as would a CFA, FRM or ACCA qualification.
We’ll also look for you to have:
- Working knowledge of the SOX control framework
- A deep insight into valuation models
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely to all levels
- The ability to participate in and help deliver change projects, with good influencing and collaborative skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including a basic understanding of VBA