Join us as an Operational Risk Manager
- Take on a new challenge and provide oversight to the first line of defence on material risks, their impact on risk appetite and overall adherence to the operational risk framework
- You’ll provide a credible, second line of defence challenge to business senior management, business teams and policy standard owners on the effective management of operational risks
- Hone your risk management capabilities and advance your career in this fast-paced and varied role with ongoing development opportunities
What you'll do
As an Operational Risk Manager, you’ll provide technical expertise and challenge to the development of a risk appetite framework for execution related operational risks. You’ll detect inadequate or ineffective controls to mitigate execution related operational risk to the desired level, challenging the appropriateness of the risk appetite.
We’ll also look to you to oversee the operational risk framework in each business to make sure that it’s fit for purpose, including the communication, training and awareness of these frameworks and the three lines of defence model, including conducting suitable assurance.
You’ll also be:
- Leading and managing the delivery of the strategic and operational risk plan
- Delivering and embedding an effective culture of risk management and awareness
- Supporting with the management of the relationship between the business and the wider business risk and controls teams
- Developing strong risk awareness across the business, and contributing to prioritising, designing and implementing the risk framework into the business
- Implementing a robust governance framework that engages all relevant stakeholders
The skills you'll need
In this role, you’ll benefit from a strong risk management or regulatory background, as well as project management skills involving complex processes and technology issues. You’ll also need a strong understanding of the organisation’s operating processes, along with a proven understanding and practical application of risk management principles.
On top of this, you’ll need:
- Experience in Finance, Treasury or Risk, such as Market or Credit Risk
- Good knowledge of the organisation’s businesses and associated products, processes and technologies
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills
- A clear track record of delivery
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to view the impact of issues from a wider perspective