Join us as an eFX Quantitative Researcher
- This is an opportunity to join our eFX Trading business in a strategic and challenging role
- You’ll be performing analysis and making a tangible contribution to client-algo development work
- Hone your tactical and strategic analysis skills while supporting our electronic FX trading businesses
- This role offers a competitive salary
- This vacancy opens for applications from 9th June 2020 and closes on 8th July 2020
What you'll do
Our eFX Trading business requires ongoing analysis, both introspectively and externally, in order to make data-driven decisions that allow them to maintain profitability and market share. You’ll play a critical role in this by working on projects including high-level research into optimal price construction, risk management, execution and the nature of the NatWest Markets client base. We’ll also look to you to work on day-to-day improvements in MI and system parameter tuning.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining pricing, spreading, risk management and execution models and algorithms used by the businesses
- Supporting the businesses in promoting client focus through strategy, communications and client engagement
- Making sure that coding standards and procedures are implemented correctly
- Taking all reasonable steps to make sure quants activities are in-line with bank-wide and NatWest Markets policies covering conduct, operational, and regulatory risks
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with expertise in data analysis, problem solving, general programming and Python. If you have experience in algorithmic trading, FX markets, Java and KDB(Q), this would be an advantage, as would machine learning experience.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- A high level of proficiency in English
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to perform independent and collaborative on research
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.