Join us as a Non-traded Market Risk and IRRBB Associate
- This role is a chance to join the newly established risk function of a non-ring fenced bank, helping to set up the Non-traded Market Risk and IRRBB risk management framework for Treasury and Banking Book functions
- We’ll look to you to manage the market risk of the non-traded and treasury portfolios
- You’ll be undertaking daily market risk management activities, including the daily review of risk reports and limit utilisations
- Joining a collaborative team environment, you'll gain valuable exposure to a range of teams and functions and the chance to develop your knowledge in the market risk area
What you'll do
As a Non-traded Market Risk and IRRBB Associate, you’ll be building your knowledge of financial markets, investment strategies, liquidity management and key income drivers. You'll be carrying out a range of activities, including delivering high quality risk information, reviewing risk reports and limit use, designing, implementing and documenting risk management techniques and processes, investigating any limit breaches and escalating as appropriate.
Additionally, you’ll be improving risk capture for positions held by the business, as well as making sure risk is accurately represented in the market risk systems and the control framework is effective.
You’ll also be:
- Maintaining the interaction between market risk and the relevant businesses
- Delivering high quality risk information to relevant stakeholders
- Participating in market risk management and understanding liquidity management for a non-trading book
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll enjoy working with data, systems and models and have a genuine interest in market risk, IRRBB or ALM and be curious and open-minded. Communication skills including good English knowledge are also essential.
You'll also have:
- Knowledge of interest rate risk in the banking book, asset and liability management
- Accounting and balance sheet knowledge
- Knowledge of market risk management techniques and an understanding of the products
- A good understanding of relevant regulations and standards, including CRD IV, notably IRRBB and IFRS9
Experience in setting up and managing market risk frameworks would be an advantage.