Join us as Head of Model Risk at NatWest Markets N.V
- In this key role, you’ll support the bank wide policy covering the governance and control of Model Risk, developing, maintaining and promoting the risk appetite setting for Model Risk
- You'll oversee the N.V valuation models, market risk, prudent valuation and credit risk, including IFRS 9, liquidity risk, operational risk and stress testing
- You’ll gain great exposure for you and your work, with the opportunity to develop key relationships with relevant management, colleagues, model owners and developers and end-users
What you'll do
You’ll be maintaining and controlling an aggregated bank-wide model inventory and associated model risk assessments. You’ll support the delivery of bank wide policy and mandatory procedures for the governance and control of Model Risk, including related documents required by the policy framework team.
You'll support the firm wide policy covering the governance and control of Model Risk, developing, maintaining and promoting the risk appetite setting for Model Risk. This will be alongside monitoring and assessing the aggregate level and if it fits within the bank's Model Risk appetite.
You’ll also be:
- Liaising with the wider bank and NatWest Markets to support the model landscape and future development plans
- Assisting all areas in having appropriate governance and minimum standards in place to enable each area to report and manage their model risk and remain within their executive’s risk appetite
- Working across all asset classes to effectively and proactively support model risk with the management and remediation of its internal and external audit issues
- Deputising for leaders in their absence and making sure the delivery and operations continue to run effectively and efficiently
- Undertaking line manager responsibilities if required, contributing actively to the development of the team, and coaching colleagues
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with significant experience of model review or model development of relevant risk models. You’ll need a strong understanding of the financial industry, more
specifically, model-related regulatory requirements. You’ll have prior project management experience with a demonstrated ability to establish a clear direction, set and track objectives, and work closely with senior team members to deliver outcomes consistent with industry leading practices.
Crucial to your success in this role will be your experience in effective communication with senior management, simplifying complex concepts and in developing constructive relationships with a range of different internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll also need:
- Financial acumen, and the ability to grasp the different model risk indicators tied to the bank’s assets, business lines, platforms, regions, markets, regulations and stakeholders
- Knowledge of capital concepts and models, and extensive knowledge of Basel and European regulations related to MR, CCR and L&FR
- Project management experience with the ability to establish a clear direction or roadmap and set and track objectives
- The ability to work closely with senior team members and deliver outcomes consistent with industry leading practices
- Expert knowledge of policy management and control processes across multiple lines of business
- Experience writing and proof-reading papers of sufficient quality to be submitted to regulators and auditors