Join us as a Valuation Control Intern
- Specialising in Finance, you’ll be participating in a number of core events, such as sustainability challenges, spotlight sessions and networking
- As a Valuation Control Intern, you’ll be completing a programme of activity to build skills and experience in our Finance programme
- Join a collaborative and supportive environment, where we’ll give you key skills and experience to develop your career
What you'll do
In this role, you'll be executing valuation controls including re-evaluating financial instruments based on independent market data and model inputs, and calculating reserves. There will be a range of products under your scope, mainly bonds, exchange traded products and loans.
You’ll also be:
- Undertaking any relevant core learning and development and making sure that you complete your weekly learning log, project and any presentations required
- Completing all relevant learning modules
- Completing all placement objectives as agreed with your placement line manager
- Managing your day-to-day activities within risk appetite and displaying risk practices and behaviours consistent with our risk culture
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be educated to degree level in any discipline with strong numerical and logical capability. We’re also looking for someone with a strong customer focus, coupled with excellent communication skills.
You’ll be fluent in written and spoken English with a good understanding of financial products, as well as insight into valuation models.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Problem solving capabilities, with a willingness to learn and quickly adapt to change
- An innovative and creative mind-set
- The ability to build great working relationships